BB Cream: Must-Have in Every Girl’s Makeup Kit
BB cream or beautifying balm is a one-man army to us. We fondly call BB creams to blemish balm or bag balm. If you are a makeup enthusiast, you must be friends with your favourite BB cream. BB creams perform a dual-duty to keep your skin hydrated and provide a makeup finish to your skin simultaneously.
What is BB Cream?
BB cream is a cosmetic product that has a slightly lighter texture than the foundation. BB creams give a sheer coverage to your skin that looks natural yet beautiful. Along with the light foundation look, it also moisturises and protects your skin. BB creams contain ingredients like mineral SPF with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, skin-plumping hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and antioxidants that are beneficial for your skin. It is a hybrid of beauty care and skin care.
BB Creams for your skin type:
BB creams are primarily suitable for all skin types. BB creams are better suited for dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skins. They have moisturising properties, which keep dry skin hydrated. At the same time, they are suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin as the sheer coverage will allow the skin to breathe. The minimal ingredient list will do a bit less harm or good to the skin.
In a BB cream, there are about 40 ingredients at the maximum. On the other hand, if you use a moisturiser, foundation and sunscreen separately, the ingredient list goes up 70 plus ingredients.
Benefits of using BB cream
Many brands produce a variety of BB creams tailored for your needs. A BB Cream offers you several benefits that the other products may not provide. Some of them are listed below.
- Most BB cream contains SPF 30 that helps protect your skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun.
- It has a slight hint of makeup that brightens your face and gives it a no-makeup makeup look.
- It also provides your skin with enough moisturisation to last for a day.
- Along with sun protection and moisturisation, it gives you an even tone and takes care of your unique skin complexion.
- There are many budget-friendly options, which is another reason why BB cream is so popular with users.
Steps to use
While using a BB cream, there are some things that you should keep in mind. Following these steps will ensure that you get a perfect natural makeup look after applying your BB cream.
- Before applying any BB cream, cleanse your skin with a cleanser of your preference, then go ahead with the application.
- You can use either a foundation brush, sponge, or your fingers to apply the product.
- Pump out tiny dots of the products all over your face and spread them evenly.
- Start with your forehead, then nose and then cheeks, and the rest of your face.
Tips to remember while using BB cream
There are a few other things that you need to keep in mind while using BB creams.
- Go with a BB cream that has SPF 30 in it. If the cream has anything less than SPF 30, you will have to wear sunscreen and BB cream.
- If you have dehydrated skin, choose a cream with high moisturisation or first wear a moisturiser, then the BB cream.
- First, check the tone of the cream on your neck. If it matches your skin tone, only then apply it.
A BB cream is best known for its light weightedness, hydrating properties, shimmery and visible texture. However, we are sure you don’t want to miss out on some light-to-medium coverage underneath your makeup. So brands have products that do the work of BB and CC creams with some added benefits. These are radiance creams. They provide mild coverage and also repair skin from within.
Looking for Lakme CC cream and Lakme BB cream, we came across Lakme Absolute Perfect Radiance Brightening Day cream. It adds luminosity, a protective film over your face with built-in SPF 30, the micro-crystals and the skin brightening vitamins give a fair and glowing complexion. It also works at reducing dark spots, blemishes and prevents breakouts due to its oil balancing formula. Perfect for young and mature skin, it makes a difference after a few applications.