Liposuction vs Liposculpture – Which is The Right Treatment For You?
Wanting to lose fat from the arms? Unable to make up your mind if you should consider liposuction or liposculpture? Surely, after reading this article, you’ll be able to decide which is the right choice.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is the procedure to remove stubborn fat surgically to enhance the overall body contour. Although fat can be accumulated in the abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, people tend to undergo liposuction around the midsection. It is a safe procedure to undergo. When diet and exercise fail to provide positive results, this is the best treatment option to consider.
Another misconception people often have is that they think liposuction is a substitute for weight-loss procedure. This is not a treatment for obesity.
One single sitting of liposuction takes almost two hours to complete. There are various types of liposuction with the advancement of technology- suction- assisted liposuction, tumescent liposuction, ultrasound-assisted liposuction and laser-assisted liposuction. VASER liposuction is another type of laser-assisted liposuction. This has emerged as one of the most popular liposuction in Delhi. More and more clinics such as Pristyn Care are offering liposuction surgeries.
During the procedure, the patient is sedated with anesthesia- general or local. The doctor makes several incisions through which they insert ultrasound probes and a hollow tube. The probes emit waves that break the fat cells free. Next, the fat is extracted through the tube and the incisions are closed.
What is Liposculpture?
Liposculpture is a variation of liposuction. Liposculpture is a European cosmetic procedure that removes fat pockets from the body from the specific parts of the body. The main objective of the liposculpture is to reshape the body only in the ‘right places’. This is a more targeted cosmetic procedure.
Liposculpture is more complicated than liposuction because the doctor has to decide the specific fat pockets that need to removed. This requires a good aesthetic sense along with years of experience.
The procedure of liposculpture is similar to that of liposuction only that it takes around two-four hours to complete.
Differences between Liposuction and Liposculpture
Primarily, there are three points of distinction between liposuction and liposculpture. These are discussed below-
- In liposuction, the doctor can use either general or local anesthesia to sedate the procedure. While in liposculpture, as it is performed in specific targeted areas, the surgeon administers local anesthesia to minimize the bleeding and swelling.
- More volume of fat is removed with liposuction that liposculpture. Liposculpture removed fat that can be further used in other parts of the body for reshaping.
- Liposculpture guarantees accurate results while liposuction ensures dramatic changes in the overall body shape.
- People with large amounts of fat deposits choose to undergo liposuction.
Let’s dig a little deeper to understand more which is the most appropriate procedure for you so that you get the results you want.
Candidates for Liposuction and Liposculpture
Now that you have understood that liposuction and liposculpture are two different procedures, it means that the eligibility of undergoing both of them are different.
Liposuction should be considered by someone who wants to change the overall shape of the body. Their desire majorly includes enhancing the overall body contour of the body rather than some specific parts of the body. Generally, the following people are eligible for undergoing liposuction.
- People who are not in the habit of smoking
- Adults which means they are over 18 years of age and within 30% of the ideal weight
- These people have a skin which is firm, elastic as well as good muscle tone
- The individuals are not experiencing any results with other non-surgical options
- They are not suffering from any underlying health condition that can interfere with the final results
- Individuals who follow diligently a healthy lifestyle
People who want to remove fat from selected areas of the body rather than the overall body should consider undergoing liposculpture. As this is more of a fine contouring procedure, someone who wants to remove from body parts such as back,, arms, under the chin, abs should consider liposculpture. Ideally, the following people should consider the procedure-
- Have saggy skin
- People whose BMI is less or more than 30
- Require to remove fat from specific parts only
Results after Liposuction and Liposculpture
Similar to any other surgery, there can be common side effects after liposuction. The results become evident immediately but these won’t be noticeable immediately due to the swelling and fluid retention. Ideally, liposuction performed by a specialized surgeon guarantees the desired results Once these side effects subside, the results become evident and permanent in nature. Over the years, the body may lose its laxity due to which there can be changes in the results.
After the liposculpture is complete, the patient can experience toned skin on that specific part of the body. There won’t be any major changes in the overall appearance but only in the treated areas. In order to experience the complete results, the patient needs to wait for at least six months. For the initial few weeks after the procedure, there can be some swelling and bruising similar to the liposuction. With proper precautions, these side effects subside fast.
Recovery after Liposuction and Liposculpture
The total time taken to recover after liposuction and liposculpture is almost the same. However, the former offers fast recovery as the wounds are smaller and less time takes to heal. There are a couple of factors depending on which the duration is decided. Factors including the patient’s healing abilities, tolerance ability for pain, the type of liposuction as well as the volume of fat removed are responsible for the same. Generally, it takes 3-4 weeks to recover after VASER liposuction while it takes almost 10 weeks to recover after liposculpture.
The recovery of liposuction and liposculpture are the same. As both the procedures involve the same steps, recovery tips prescribed by the doctor are also the same.
- Eat a light but nutritious diet that includes fiber-rich foods, nuts, fruits, leafy-vegetables, etc.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day
- Wear a compression garment till the doctor asks to do so
- Do not bend or move unnecessarily
- Do not take part in any contact sports
- Rest properly for the entire recovery period
- Do not itch the wounds or the surrounding area
- Do not go for intense workouts initially. Start with mild exercises and gradually move to high-intensity workouts
- Do not take any protein supplements without talking with the doctor
Cost of Liposuction and Liposculpture
The cost of liposuction and liposculpture lies in the same range. In the majority of the cases, the former tends to be on a higher end. None of the procedures are covered by insurance. Fortunately, there are various liposuction clinics in Delhi that provide various financing options such as zero cost EMI that can benefit a lot of people.
The total expenditure can only be quoted by the clinic or hospital of your choice. Talk to them in detail about the same. Generally, the cost depends on factors such as the location of the clinic, the number of fat pockets removed, anesthestia fees, hospitalization charges, type of technology used, surgeon’s skills and transportation services.
Both liposuction and liposculpture are types of body-contouring procedures. The former enhances overall body shape while the later reshapes specific parts of the body. If you are still confused about which and not able to decide the right procedure for yourself, consult with an experienced aesthetci surgeon who can listen to your needs and guide accordingly.
More From The Web